Sunday, March 31, 2013

Dropped the Camera in the River

Date: March 24th  

Weather: Snow and Cold

Stream: Willow Clear

Hatch: midges

Beer: New Glarus Snowshoe Red

Right after I dropped it
            It really sucked when I hooked the day’s first fish only to drop my camera in the drink taking my trophy shot. With my lighting quick reflexes I grabbed it from the water before it sunk but it was still wet. Two miles upstream and my options were bad: go back home and put the camera in a container of rice or keep fishing. Obviously, being the red-blooded male I am I chose to keep fishing.

Redux
            A size 14 stonefly nymph was my ticket to the gates of glory and redemption this day on the Kinnie. Though my camera was not working the trout kept smacking my fly. I lost tally but it got the point where my hands were numb and burning from releasing so many fish in the cold March water. One of the best fishing days of my life but no trout pictures, you’ll just have to trust me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment